Evaluation: How did you attract/address your audience?

I use a number of methods to attract and address my audience.

How did I attract the audience:
- I would promote my film in each country that it would be screened in. The main form of promotion that I would use would be a range of adverts across many different types of media. To do this I would hire an advertising company and give them a brief on what I wanted the promotion to achieve. The television and radio adverts would not be a conventional film advert that just shows short clips from the film, instead I would produce an advert which will confuse the viewer and wanting to find out more. I this way I believe that the advert will stick in the viewers head and will make them want to know more about the film. The billboard posters and bus posters that I would produce would again be unconventional. Rather than denoting the name and actors in the film, it would be images that the audience could recognise from the television adverts. This would stick in the audiences minds and make my film seem intriguing and hopefully more popular. I would aim to create a mystery or enigma that would draw the audience in.
- To keep the audience wanting to watch the rest of my film I left many questions that are brought up in the opening sequence unanswered, creating a sense of mystery around the film (an enigma). My aim was to make the audience want to watch the rest of the film to find out the answers to these questions.


(I believe that this YouTube comment shows that I have attracted the audience. This user was a 15 year old male, part of my target audience) 

How would I address the audience:
- In an attempt to address the audience along with scaring the audience, I would make each of the victims in my film relate to different ages and genders. This would scare the audience by making them feel that the victim could be any one of them as well as making the film scarier for more than just my primary target audience.
- As well as this I, especially in my opening sequence, I tried to make the antagonist a very relatable character (except when he is committing the crimes). The audience would be scared by this as it will make them feel as if anyone on the street could be the antagonist.