Evaluation: What kind of media institution might distribute your film and why?

The three types of studio that I will be considering to distribute my film are Hollywood studios (e.g. Universal), British studios (e.g. Film 4) and Art house/Independent studios.
Hollywood studios:
- A Hollywood studio would have the money, experience and contacts to distribute my film successfully. They also have the money that would boost the production as well as promotion of my film. Global distribution would not be a problem as shown by the domination of Hollywood studios in the British cinema listings.
- Hollywood studios tend to invest in films that they believe will make a lot of money regardless of the quality of the film. They also tend to invest less in foreign films such as my British film.
British studios:
- A British studio would be looking to invest and distribute British films. Although they are not global powers as the Hollywood studios are, they have the funds and knowledge to distribute and promote my film well among a British audience.
- A British studio is less likely to distribute and promote a film well abroad, although British films like 'Slumdog Millionaire' have been successful around the world.
Independent studios:
- Although I have attempted to challenge some conventions of the horror genre as well as film production, an Art house/Independent studio would tend to distribute very abstract films which completely challenge all the conventions of a genre. These studios also have less success in distributing films globally and in Britain.
I believe that the ideal media institution to distribute my film would be a Hollywood studio. This is firstly because of my target audience. After asking a group of people in my target audience if they would be more likely to watch my film if it was distributed by the different types of studio, they responded by saying a Hollywood studio. This may be because of the larger amount of promotion that the Hollywood studios can afford. If I could choose an individual studio it would be 'Twisted Pictures'. I would choose this studio as it is known for distributing horror films (mainly the Saw series).